1 2 3
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Schoolhouse at Lawerton(?), built 1859. There is a bell tower on the roof. Several of the windows are boarded up, and the door is either wide open or missi...

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A front view of Campion College.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Benedict Octagon House, built about 1843.

Photograph

Schoolyard Baseball

Date:  date unknown

Description: Boys play a baseball game while a large crowd of spectators watches from the sidelines. Three stone buildings stand in the background, one of which has a b...

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph of an artesian well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). Construction was com...

Date: 1901 

Description: The interior of the Methodist Episcopal Church.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A view of the interior of St. Gabriel's Church.

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view from lawn of the stone facade of St. Mary Academy. The arched main entrance is partially visible behind trees on left. A bell tower sits in the midd...

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: Stereograph of artesian well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta).

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the backside...

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Campion College.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Date: 1901 

Description: The interior of the Methodist Episcopal Church.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Date: 1908 before

Description: St. Gabriel's Church. The parish was organized in 1817, the site of this church was acquired in 1836, and building began in 1839 under Father Cretin; Fathe...

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: The church, originally built in 1839, was remodeled and dedicated on November 8, 1908. The Rt. Rev. James Schwebach gave the blessing. The remodeling was...

Photograph

St. Mary's College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Our Lady's Tower at St. Mary's College.

Photograph

Along the River

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a river and surrounding landscape, taken from a high vantage point. In the foreground are a series of wooden structures, possibly homes and outb...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.