1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Strelow House

Date: 1965 ca.

Description: An exterior view of the Strelow House, located at 218 North Pinckney Street.

Date: 1976-01-11 

Description: A grand, landmark boathouse which was on the north shore of Lake Mendota and was a part of Camp Indianola, one of the nation's oldest boys' camps. Over 20...

Date: 1971-04-18 

Description: The Keenan House at 28 East Gilman Street is seen reflected in the mirror-like windows of the National Guardian Life Insurance Building at 2 East Gilman St...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The observatory on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.

Date: 1897 ca.

Description: An exterior view of the Henry Schildhauer residence on West Washington Avenue. Mr. Schildhauer was the Chief Department of Revenue Collector for the State...

Date: 1926 

Description: 16 Langdon Street, thought to have been built in 1867 for George Gardner. From 1896 to 1907 it served as the residence of attorney Henry Sheldon and Shepa...

Photograph

Yellow Taxicab

Date: 1935-01-31 

Description: A Ford V-8 Yellow Cab Co. taxicab on East Washington Avenue. In the background are (left to right) St. Patrick's school, 630 East Washington Avenue; reside...

Photograph

Langdon Hall

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. A girls' dormitory, on Langdon Street with an automobile marked as a city vehicle parked on the right.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Aerial view of a full Camp Randall Stadium during half-time of a football game. The band is on the field in formation to spell "UW."

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date:  

Description: A view of the Capitol Park and Pinckney Street taken approximately 1885-1890. The building in the center, at the intersection of Pinckney and East Washingt...

Photograph

Suhr Residence

Date: 1914 

Description: The John J. Suhr residence, 121 Langdon Street, built in 1886 for immigrant John J. Suhr, Sr. (1836-1901), who in 1871 founded the German-American Bank, la...

Date: 1946 

Description: Ink drawing of the Governor's Residence, 130 East Gilman Street. The stone building features a porch and wrap around balcony.

Photograph

Lathrop Hall

Date: 1931 before

Description: Reception Room of hall at University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. A large fireplace is along the right wall, and decorative pillars support the room. Table...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of the Wisconsin State Capitol, with view of the grounds, staircases, and two of the four wings.

Photograph

Herfurth House

Date: 1952 ca.

Description: The newel post and front stairs of the Herfurth house, 703 East Gorham Street.

Date: 1949-06-09 

Description: Frankie Meyer, the 1948 Soap Box Derby champion, stands next to his Wisconsin State Journal-sponsored racer. He is wearing the shirt and helmet given to h...

Photograph

Resting on a Porch

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Mr. and Mrs. Chas Joss and Mrs. Van Dyke sit on a residential porch. A planter of ivy is in front of a narrow window on the left, and the porch has decorat...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Photograph

Monona Farm

Date: 1927 

Description: Monona Farm, operated by the Quaker Oats Company.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.