1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Cambridge Storm

Date: 1954-07-06 

Description: Strong winds brought down a large tree on the car of Mrs. Ralph Schroeder of rural Ft. Atkinson. Ralph Schroeder, age 3, and his mother narrowly escaped se...

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: View down Monona Avenue, which is now Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, toward Lake Monona.

Date: 1957-08 ca.

Description: The Little Rock home of Daisy and L.C. Bates, showing their front window after a stone had been thrown through the window. Grates have been placed on this...

Map or Atlas

Campus Map

Date: 1959 ca.

Description: University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Numbers in circles identify buildings across campus with the building index. Black arrows point out important infor...

Postcard

Main Street

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Photographic postcard view down Main Street, with Lake Superior in the distance. There is a cafe on the left and bars on the right. Cars are parked along t...

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: View of the Lincoln Memorial from across Lincoln Memorial Circle. Several women and a man are crossing the street behind several cars that have driven by....

Date: 1956 

Description: Aerial view looking east along Madison's Lake Mendota shoreline. The large building under construction at center is Carroll Hall, a University of Wisconsi...

Date: 1950 

Description: This map shows streets and waterways and includes annotations in red outlining wards.

Date: 1954 

Description: This blue line print shows lot and block numbers and dimensions, additions, railroads, streets, and parks.

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: View of the State Office Building looking up at the open windows.

Photograph

Boys' Marching Band

Date: 1956 ca.

Description: Uniformed boys' bugle corps passing along a street in a parade. A group of people watch from the sidewalk across the street.

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Aerial view of downtown, including river.

Photograph

Swiss Chapel

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Exterior view of a Swiss chapel built by the Count and Countess Erick Von Bretzel in 1893.

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: Downtown street on a rainy night.

Photograph

Knaggs Ferry Marker

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Knaggs Ferry marker. Dedicated to James Knaggs who operated a ferry in Oshkosh for nineteen years.

Photograph

Sears Roebuck

Date: 1954-12-25 

Description: Exterior view of Sears Roebuck and Company store at 1101 East Washington Avenue, with Christmas decorations, located on the corner of East Washington Avenu...

Date: 1956 

Description: View of the Signal Oak taken from the original, which was the first in a series of Heritage Prints. The idea for the series was conceived by the First Nati...

Date: 1951-07-22 

Description: Soap Box Derby starting line at 140 East Gorham Street.

Photograph

Masonic Temple

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The side entrance of the Masonic Temple.

Photograph

Nemadji River

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: Nemadji River at the foot of 2nd Avenue and Robertson Avenue.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.