1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1936 after

Description: Rennebohm Drugstore #12 at 2526 Monroe Street. Originally established by pharmacist Harry Consigny, this operation was purchased by Rennebohm in 1936.

Date: 1935-10-24 

Description: Klein Dickert Co. warehouse, 1130-32 Regent St., with two workers loading glass panel onto truck.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Elevated wintertime view of the intersection of South Carroll and West Main Streets, showing the First Baptist Church constructed in 1854, the wooden fence...

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Outdoor group portrait of the Mendota Beach School group in front of a school building.

Photograph

Belmont Hotel

Date: 1935-10-29 

Description: The Belmont Hotel, 31 N. Pinckney Street, from the roof of the Montgomery Ward building, 102 N. Hamilton Street, with the Capitol Square and the Wisconsin...

Date: 1925-12 

Description: Exterior view from street of Madison Motor Car Company, 325 W. Gorham Street.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Slightly elevated view of the stone gateway at the intersection of Pinckney, Main, and King Streets and the iron fence that surrounded the entire Capitol P...

Date: 1947-04-12 

Description: View across street of Kaysers, Inc. Stadium Garage and Pure Oil Station, 1501 Monroe Street, at the corner of Regent Street.

Date: 1931-10-17 

Description: Portrait of four boys that make up the Champion Wisconsin Cattle Judging Team.

Date: 1920 

Description: A page from the Webb family album, compiled and captioned by Andrew Webb Jr., son of Caroline Webb, with two images of friends, an image of the corner groc...

Date: 1948-09-03 

Description: Fire Chief Edward J. Page (right) and Lieut. Albert Rogg standing next to one of three new Madison fire truck at the Central Fire Station, 18-20 South Webs...

Date: 1947-05-13 

Description: Firemen James Fraser and Philip Statz (left to right in the driver's seat) are demonstrating how the old wooden spoke-wheeled 1915 foam fire truck chugged...

Date: 1933-06-17 

Description: Onlookers stop to look at the remnants of the collapsed Kleinheinz Pennco service station (Pennsylvania Oil Company), 702 S. Park Street, with a view of th...

Date: 2008 

Description: Located at 1129 South Park Street, this station was built in 1964 by Clark Oil Company at an estimated cost of less than twelve thousand dollars.

Photograph

Charles H. Thiede

Date: 1947-11-29 

Description: Portrait of Charles H. Thiede, 2218 Rusk Street, at the controls of a Chicago North Western Railroad steam engine as he starts his last run to Chicago afte...

Date: 1909 

Description: Photographic postcard of the Middleton family cat sleeping in a doll carriage under a crocheted baby blanket, wearing a matching bonnet.

Photograph

Rustic Bridge

Date: 1902 ca.

Description: View of a rustic bridge over a ravine on Lake Mendota Drive in Shorewood. Judge A.G Zimmerman poses in his first automobile, also one of Madison's first ca...

Date: 1931-04-11 

Description: An ambulance carries signs advertising the film, "Mr. Lemon of Orange" in front of the Strand Theatre at 16 E. Mifflin Street. Also on that block are Barto...

Date: 1936-10-27 

Description: Railroad construction crew working on a Chicago & Northwestern Railroad crossing, looking west up the 400 and 500 blocks of East Wilson Street.

Date: 1981-05 

Description: Building on corner of 2150 East Washington Avenue.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.