Wisconsin Local History & Biography Articles
Headline: Previous contests
Main Heading: Government and Politics
Sub Heading: State Government
Article Date: 1885-1-20
Newspaper: Wisconsin State Journal
NAMES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ARTICLE
Cameron, Senator Angus 1826-1897
Carpenter, Senator Matthew Hale 1824 - 1881
Dodge, General / Governor Henry 1782-1867
Doolittle, James Rood 1815 - 1897
Durkee, Sen. Charles 1805?-1870
Howe, Senator/Judge Timothy Otis 1816-1883
Sawyer, Senator Philetus 1816 - 1900
Walker, Judge Isaac P. 1813-1872
How to Print
To print a full, legible page of this article, follow the instructions below. Note: some browsers and operating systems behave differently.
- Right click on the page image and select "Copy."
- Open a new document in Word or in an image processing program (like Microsoft Word or Paint). To insert the image into the document, select "Paste".
- Resize the image to fill the page, if necessary.
- If the article has several pages, repeat these steps for each page.
- Print the document, and then name and save it for future reference.
Also, we can make a photocopy of the microform record on your behalf and mail it to you for $15. See more about purchasing copies at the Society.
How to Cite
For the purposes of a bibliography entry or footnote, follow this model:
- Wisconsin Local History and Biographical Articles Citation
- Wisconsin Historical Society. Wisconsin Local History & Biography Articles; "Newspaper"; "City", "State"; "Article Date"; viewed online at http://www.wisconsinhistory.org on [insert today's date here]
Contact our Library and Archives staff by email.