Summer Collections & Interpretation Intern
Stonefield Historic Site is searching for a summer collections & interpretation intern for the 2017 season.
- 25% Assist site staff in developing and implementing new kid and family friendly programming, activities, and events.
- 20% Perform costumed guided tours to public and school groups
- 20% Conduct object assessments and collections inventory. Enter data into collections database.
- 15% Create three temporary display case exhibits in Ag Museum using a $500 budget.
- 10% Write short articles featuring site collections for site’s Facebook page, and/or print publications.
- 10% Assist in daily opening, closing, and minor site maintenance, other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled or recently completed a graduate degree program in museum studies, history, education, or related field.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with the public, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently with effective organization and time management skills.
- Have vehicle and ability to drive in state of Wisconsin
- Ability to perform tasks that require moderate exertion, stand/walk for long periods.
- Previous experience preferred, but not required in performing historical research, handling and caring for historical collections, interpreting history for public audiences, developing exhibits, basic knowledge of Wisconsin and agricultural history.
- Full Time LTE for 6 months, May-October (start/end date flexible).
- Starting at $10/Hour
- Weekend work required
- Academic credit can be arranged through collaboration with your college or university.
Stonefield is an agricultural and rural life museum in southwest Wisconsin operated by the Wisconsin Historical Society. The site interprets the life of Wisconsin’s first Governor, Nelson Dewey through his Stonefield estate, and Wisconsin’s rural heritage through the State Agriculture Museum, 1901 farmstead, and recreated farming village.
How to apply:
Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Stonefield Historic Site
12195 Hwy VV,
Cassville, WI 53806
Deadline March 15, 2017