Mission and Vision of the Wisconsin Historical Society
Wisconsin Historical Society, 2008. A close-up view of the new banners that adorn the front of the Wisconsin Historical Society's headquarters building on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
The Wisconsin Historical Society operates on this strategic framework.
The Wisconsin Historical Society helps people connect to the past by collecting, preserving and sharing stories.
- To reach out and partner with the broadest possible public
- To present and promote sound and authentic history
- To share our riches of staff, collections and services in ways that captivate and respect our many audiences
- To collect and safeguard evidence of our diverse heritage according to the highest standards of stewardship
We will work toward a future in which all individuals, families, communities and institutions actively use history to understand their own stories and the world around them, and to pass their heritage on to succeeding generations.
In order to advance our vision and achieve our mission, the Society is focused on the following four strategic areas.
- Strengthening audience connections
- Building and preserving accessible world-class collections
- Increasing support for the Society
- Ensuring the Wisconsin Historical Society is a great place to work
About the Wisconsin Historical Society