Additional Activities for the 4th-Grade Textbook
'Wisconsin: Our State, Our Story'
Here you'll find additional activities that align to each chapter of "Wisconsin: Our State, Our Story." The activities vary by complexity and classroom grouping. Each chapter begins with a table of contents to provide you an overview of all activities available.
We hope this content provides you with more versatility as you teach the history of Wisconsin. To view more resources, see About Our 4th-Grade Textbook.
Additional Activities - View or Download
View these PDF documents with Adobe Reader.
All additional activities for the Second Edition of "Wisconsin: Our State, Our History" can be ordered here.
- (3 pages, 295 KB) Includes Activity 1-1: Primary or Secondary
- (25 pages, 1.8 MB) Includes Activity 2-1: Your Cosmic Address; Activity 2-2: County, Country, or Continent; Activity 2-3: A Wisconsin Puzzle; and Activity 2-4: Where Would You Like to Live?
- (17 pages, 678 KB) Includes Activity 3-1: Paleo-Indian Spear Points and Activity 3-2: Effigy Mounds
- (20 pages, 593 KB) Includes Activity 4-1: Eating off the Land; Activity 4-2: Making a Birchbark Canoe; and Activity 4-3: Wisconsin Travel: Then and Now
- (15 pages, 100 KB) Includes Activity 5-1: Whose Land? A Story of Black Hawk and Activity 5-2: Government Word Sort
- (12 pages, 100 KB) Includes Activity 6-1: John Kroehnke's Journey on the Erie Canal and Activity 6-2: Cris Plata Scrapbook
- (11 pages, 100 KB) Includes Activity 7-1: Reading a Fugitive Slave Document and Activity 7-2: Comparing Recruiting Posters
- (17 pages, 100 KB) Includes Activity 8-1: The Luetscher Farm: Figuring Out a Farm Type; Activity 8-2: Learning from the Census; and Activity 8-3: Learning from a Logger
- (7 pages, 100 KB) Includes Activity 9-1: New Industries and Old and Activity 9-2: Political Cartoons
- (33 pages, 100 KB) Includes Activity 10-1: We're All Doing Our Part: A Wisconsin Family During World War II and Activity 10-2: "Back to Work" and Wisconsin's State Parks
- (12 pages, 100 KB) Includes Activity 11-1: Indian Spearfishing and Activity 11-2: Aldo Leopold Nature Writing Journal
- This definitive Wisconsin history textbook from the Wisconsin Historical Society is full color, visually stunning, and promotes strong literacy skills.
Contact our helpful staff about implementing the textbook in your classroom.