1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Property Record

3RD AND BOLVIN STS

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: VILLA LOUIS - carriage house

Reference Number: 12639

Property Record

316 N BEAUMONT RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: LaRiviere-Ravoux House

Reference Number: 94602

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: 

Reference Number: 3827

Property Record

201 W BLACKHAWK AVE

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Commercial Hotel

Reference Number: 3914

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a classroom, looking towards the front where a crucifix hangs on the wall and a corner altar dedicated to the Virgin Mary and Jesus stands. Rows...

Property Record

117 E CEDAR ST

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: 

Reference Number: 94603

Historical Essay

Early U.S. Settlement

Read how the end of the War of 1812 led to the establishment of American forts and increased exploration and settlement in the Wisconsin territory.

Photograph

Kane's Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Kane's Hotel, built in about 1839 by Ezekiel Tainter, and then called the Phoenix Hotel, on Main Street. It passed through many hands but retained the orig...

Property Record

126 N MINNESOTA

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: 

Reference Number: 3933

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Seek restoration of Fort Crawford

Date: 1927-7-24

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Date: 1938-2-01

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The old Indian agent's house.

Photograph

Buggy Ride

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man and two women pose in a four seat buggy. They are wearing suits, dresses and hats. Buildings and a fence appear in the background.

Postcard

Campion College

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of Our Lady of the Angels Chapel at Campion College.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

A Bizarre Story of Scientific Progress

Learn the bizarre story and scientific contributions of Alexis St. Martin, the man who lived over 50 years after a shotgun blasted a hole in his side.

Photograph

Villa Louis Grounds

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: East view of round canna bed and grotto on Villa Louis grounds. The house can be seen at left.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A man dives off a pier into the Mississippi River. Another man is swimming in the water, while other men and boys stand on the floating pier.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.