1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: French Cemetery, Father Dunand, May 8, 1817.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: French Cemetery, showing the grave of Mrs. Alexander Gardipe.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: French Cemetery.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: Tombstone of Jean Joseph Rolette, first agent of the American Fur Company at this post, in the French Cemetery.

Date: 1923-6-14

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Newspaper Article/Clipping

600 people to take part in historic scene

Date: 1923-6-12

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Aerial view of Villa Louis on the Mississippi River, and adjacent buildings.

Property Record

318 N Main St

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Pierre and Marguerite Lariviere House

Reference Number: 229727

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Early historical events of Prairie du Chien

Date: 1905-7-27

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of the Diamond Jo warehouse.

Property Record

120 S BEAUMONT RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Prairie Du Chien Post Office

Reference Number: 3890

Date: 1928-09 

Description: A clam fisher in a boat on the Mississippi River near Prairie du Chien. Attached to the long rod are many small hooks similar to grappling hooks. As the bo...

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Interior view of the front hallway of Villa Louis.

Date: 1882 

Description: This map is ink on cardboard and shows the location of military forts over the course of years. Also shown are points of interest, streets, the Mississippi...

Date: 1848 

Description: The first Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien, with the Mississippi River in the foreground. Although dated 1830, this scene was actually painted by Henry Le...

Photograph

Woman's Building

Date: 1959 

Description: Woman's Building, one of the oldest buildings in the city. It is believed to have been built in 1842 by John Folsom, an early settler and farmer on the hei...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, after restoration by the United States Government. In the left background is the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium, built on the...

Map or Atlas

Railroad Plan

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Railroad plan of Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1853-06 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows lot and block numbers and dimensions, sold lots, streets, and the Mississippi River. Some lots are co...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.