1 2 3 4 5
.

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 ca.

Description: Fort Shelby, built by the Americans during the War of 1812. In 1814 the fort surrendered to British forces led by Captain Andrew W. Bulger who renamed it...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the east terrace at Villa Louis. The Dousman's office building is in the background. Relaxing near the home are Louis DeVierville Dousman, Judith D...

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Photograph

Cottage Community

Date: 1971 ca.

Description: A cottage and trailer house community along a river. A Schlitz beer advertising is nailed to a tree and reads, "Move up to Quality / Schlitz / The Beer Tha...

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Newspaper Article/Clipping

New bridge likely in place of relic

Date: 1918-7-07

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: The offices of the American Fur Company.

Photograph

View of Town

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Dr. Jesse Rowley driving the buggy. Dr. Rowley was a co-founder of the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Photograph

Buggy Ride

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man and two women pose in a four seat buggy. They are wearing suits, dresses and hats. Buildings and a fence appear in the background.

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows streets and lots. The right side of the map includes notes on widths of streets and certifications. The top right reads: "Parish's Additio...

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Prairie du Chien (vicinity) about 1895-1900. Shell buyers with their launches and barges docked at shoreline. Freshwater clam shells were used in the pearl...

Date:  date unknown

Description: South lawn looking west from gazebo toward fountain. A path crosses the foreground, and the Dousman's dog, Folo, lounges on the lawn.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1924-2-10

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fishing nets and implements and boats along the shoreline of the Mississippi River, with buildings visible in the background.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Photograph

Mississippi River

Date: 1931 ca.

Description: Mississippi River from the Brisbois Mansion. Left to right: Dousman House Hotel, railroad station, electrical plant smoke stack, Diamond Jo warehouse, and...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a classroom, looking towards the front where a crucifix hangs on the wall and a corner altar dedicated to the Virgin Mary and Jesus stands. Rows...

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.