1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1976 

Description: This map includes an index of streets, government and historic buildings, hospitals, schools, places of recreation, churches, cemeteries, and other miscell...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Schoolhouse at Lawerton(?), built 1859. There is a bell tower on the roof. Several of the windows are boarded up, and the door is either wide open or missi...

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of a gazebo, porch, and benches on the campus of St. Mary Academy. The lawn overlooks the Iowa Bluffs near the Mississippi River.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Looking east down dirt road. Commercial buildings and storefronts line the road.

Date: 1880 after

Description: A view of Sacred Heart College and the surrounding landscape. Each dormer window has a cross on its peak and the center of the building has a bell tower.

Photograph

Boating

Date:  date unknown

Description: Two young boys sit in a rowboat along a lakeshore. A group of people in a boat are visible in the background along the opposite shore.

Date: 1922-12-12

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1923 

Description: Decorated for the 250th celebration of the discovery of the Mississippi River. The ribbons and banners are all American flag themed. The storefront to the...

Property Record

126 N MINNESOTA

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: 

Reference Number: 3933

Property Record

205 - 209 E. Blackhawk Ave.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: commercial building

Reference Number: 147515

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital ruins.

Date: 1929-8-14

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Newspaper Article/Clipping

2,000 in church parade

Date: 1917-6-12

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Property Record

WATER ST

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Michael Brisbois House

Reference Number: 3952

Date: 1910 

Description: Bridge over the Mississippi River, built in 1874 and destroyed in 1910.

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Golden jubilee of St. Mary's academy

Date: 1922-6-24

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Property Record

203 E. Blackhawk Ave.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: commercial building

Reference Number: 147516

Drawing

Fort Crawford

Date: 1817 

Description: Forth Crawford (1816-1831).

Date: 1800 after

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and shows the main channel and sand bars in the Mississippi River between villages.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: An exterior view of the Villa Louis, built by H. Louis Dousman in 1870.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.