1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery.

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Fr. Hagen's old observatory razed

Date: 1918-4-11

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery. Photograph made before restoration by the United States Government. Soldiers' families were also buried in the cemetery.

Date: 1923 ca.

Description: Marquette University dean, Archibald J. Tallmadge, S.J. delivers a speech at the 250th anniversary celebration of the discovery of the Mississippi River by...

Newspaper Article/Clipping

(Historical Society of Wisconsin)

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Prairie du Chien marks cradles of history

Date: 1923-7-15

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, as seen before it was restored by the United States Government.

Date: 1864 ca.

Description: Lawler Hall at Campion College. This image was made during the Civil War when the building was used as a U.S. Military hospital. Prior to the war, it was B...

Property Record

318 N Main St

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Pierre and Marguerite Lariviere House

Reference Number: 229727

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Copy of reply about pontoon bridge

Date: 1940-10-16

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Newspaper Article/Clipping

New bridge likely in place of relic

Date: 1918-7-07

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Old Fort Crawford

Date: 1920-11-??

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois Hotel, built in the early 1860's, and used as a hospital during the Civil War. It was later part of Campion High School.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, after restoration by the United States Government. In the left background is the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium, built on the...

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Black Hawk lake

Date: 1914-4-12

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: 

Reference Number: 3828

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1954 

Description: A view of the site of the original Fort Crawford (1816-1831).

From Slave to Healer

Learn about Mary Ann Menard, Wisconsin's first doctor.

Date:  

Description: View of the central hall at Villa Louis. The hall is decorated with sculptures, paintings and other decorative items. There is a stairway at left.

Date: 1924-3-06

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.