1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Drawing

School

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The first school house at Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Joseph Rolette House

Reference Number: 3958

Map or Atlas

Railroad Plan

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Railroad plan of Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from field of Villa Louis, the residence of Hercules L. Dousman.

Date: 1820 

Description: Undated manuscript map. Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 

Description: Illustration of Fort Crawford.

Date: 1820 

Description: This map displays the plan for claiming various settlement zones in the Prairie des Chiens area in 1820. It shows Fort Crawford and 87 confirmed and unconf...

Drawing

Astor Building

Date: 1830 

Description: A view of the Astor building.

Property Record

3RD AND BOLVIN STS

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: VILLA LOUIS - summer kitchen (preserve house)

Reference Number: 12634

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, depot building, and the Milwaukee & Mississippi Rail Road.

Book or Pamphlet

Artesian Stock Farm

Date: 1884 

Description: Bird's-eye view drawing of the grounds of Villa Louis, the estate of the fur trading Dousman family. After the death of H. Louis Dousman's mother in 1882,...

Property Record

203 S Wacouta Ave

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Benjamin F. And Wilhelmina S. Fay House

Reference Number: 3936

Property Record

c. 123 W. Blackhawk Ave.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: commercial building

Reference Number: 147544

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 ca.

Description: Fort Shelby, built by the Americans during the War of 1812. In 1814 the fort surrendered to British forces led by Captain Andrew W. Bulger who renamed it...

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Photograph

Commercial Hotel

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Commercial Hotel.

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of a gazebo, porch, and benches on the campus of St. Mary Academy. The lawn overlooks the Iowa Bluffs near the Mississippi River.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.