1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Property Record

316 N BEAUMONT RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: LaRiviere-Ravoux House

Reference Number: 94602

Book or Pamphlet

Artesian Stock Farm

Date: 1884 

Description: Bird's-eye view drawing of the grounds of Villa Louis, the estate of the fur trading Dousman family. After the death of H. Louis Dousman's mother in 1882,...

Date: 1870 

Description: Stereograph of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over the Mississippi River.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins. This image may be even earlier than 1875; by the 1880's almost nothing was left of the actual fort compound buildings.

Map or Atlas

Prairie du Chien

Date: 1838 

Description: This map is a development plat that shows street names, numbered blocks and lots, and small farm lot owners. Included on the right of the map is a large a...

Property Record

3RD AND BOLVIN STS

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: VILLA LOUIS - summer kitchen (preserve house)

Reference Number: 12634

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: HOLY TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH

Reference Number: 3932

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Drawing

Fort Crawford

Date: 1829 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford, from a sketchbook attributed to Seth Eastman, 1808-1875. A graduate of West Point, Eastman briefly served at Fort Crawford, 1829-1839. ...

Drawing

Astor Building

Date: 1830 

Description: A view of the Astor building.

Date: 1853-06 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows lot and block numbers and dimensions, sold lots, streets, and the Mississippi River. Some lots are co...

Date: 1820 

Description: Undated manuscript map. Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1882 

Description: This map is ink on cardboard and shows the location of military forts over the course of years. Also shown are points of interest, streets, the Mississippi...

Property Record

3RD AND BOLVIN STS

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: VILLA LOUIS - small office building

Reference Number: 12637

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, depot building, and the Milwaukee & Mississippi Rail Road.

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Date: 1825 

Description: Hand-colored lithograph portrait of Chippewa (Ojibwa) chief Kitch-ee-i-aa-ba, or the Big Buck. Painted at the Treaty of Prarie du Chien (1825).

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Property Record

2ND AND BOLVIN

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Erdenberger Ice House

Reference Number: 72070

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.