1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Drawing

Fort Crawford

Date: 1829 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford, from a sketchbook attributed to Seth Eastman, 1808-1875. A graduate of West Point, Eastman briefly served at Fort Crawford, 1829-1839. ...

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Postcard

Sanitarium

Date: 1907 

Description: View of Prairie du Chien Sanitarium. "The ground where this sanitarium stands was the site of Gen. Taylor's headquarters at Fort Crawford in 1832. It was...

Date: 1872 

Description: Allegedly the earliest known view of St. Mary's Institute, which later became St. Mary's College. One-half of a stereograph.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff street looking west.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A horse-drawn carriage pauses along a fence on the right side of a dirt road. Houses stand to the left.

Date: 1864 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows numbered lots and labeled streets. The bottom margin of the map reads: "Recorded in the Registry of...

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the backside...

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Crawford County Courthouse, built in 1875.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Dousman Office building, later used as a pearl button factory.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital after restoration.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View looking toward old Diamond Jo Warehouse, before the bridge was built.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: Graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elizabeth. Rolette died in 1842. The cemetery itself may date as early as the middle of the 17th Century.

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: View from Brisbois Point. Prairie du Chien lies below, and beyond the Mississippi river rise Iowa's hills.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois House from across the railroad tracks.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.