1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1965-10-29 

Description: A male employee inspects a discharge bowl that was later purchased by Fairbanks Morse and Company of Beloit, Wisconsin, and used by the Department of the I...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior of factory with a streetcar and parked cars in the background. Streetcar wires crisscross overhead, and in the foreground on the right are a group...

Date: 1956-03-03 

Description: Two long-time Falk employees, Bob Quitzow and Frank Ruscitti, work in the gas cutting department. Original Falk caption reads, "View of 'Bug' cutting Depa...

Date: 1965-05 

Description: The pinion stand depicted was purchased by U.S. Steel (Allegheny Project) and then used by Gary Steel Works. The two men in the photograph are R. Haag and...

Date: 1902-06-08 ca.

Description: Looking up the Milwaukee River to the Holton Street viaduct. In the center is the Gallun tannery. There is also a steamboat in the harbor, several lumber y...

Photograph

Bevel Gear

Date: 1966-04-26 

Description: Three men with bevel gear and pinion that was later used in a Rotary Hearth Furnace drive. This gear was purchased by Surface Comb. Division of Midland Ros...

Date: 1969-10-17 

Description: This product was later purchased by Fuller Company (Traylor Engineering and Manufacturing). Falk caption reads, "Estimated rough weight 46,720 pounds. Flan...

Date: 1907 

Description: Workers machining parts with turret lathes at International Harvester's Milwaukee Works. The factory was owned by the Milwaukee Harvester Company before 19...

Date: 1938-10-28 

Description: A cluster of old dwellings are in the center, with broken shacks and rusted cars. Behind are railroad cars, and an industrial area with men working. In t...

Photograph

TCD Drives

Date: 1965-05 

Description: TCD drives that were purchased by U.S. Steel (Allegheny Project) and used by Gary Steel Works. Falk caption reads, "Various manufacturing and assembly phot...

Photograph

South Pierce Street

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Light factory district. The street is 44 feet between curbs, with vitrified brick pavement. Telephone poles line the road.

Date: 1946 

Description: Workers chipping imperfections from a rough casting.

Photograph

Mill Drive

Date: 1966-10-28 

Description: Mill drive that was later purchased by Traylor Engineering and used by Hudson Cement. Original Falk caption reads, "See engineering files for exact descrip...

Photograph

Outlet Trunnion

Date: 1969-11-20 

Description: Outlet trunnion that was a component for an outlet head on a cement mill. This product was purchased by F.L. Smidth and Company and then shipped to Mexico...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: Employees working on stationary engines at International Harvester's Milwaukee Works. The factory was owned by the Milwaukee Harvester Company until 1902.

Date: 1957-04-03 

Description: Man measuring Drive Gear that was later purchased by Foster Wheeler Corporation and used by Pennsylvania Power & Light Company of Sunbury Station, Shamokin...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Worker forming the tip of a steel rod at International Harvester Milwaukee Works. The factory was owned by the Milwaukee Harvester Company until 1902.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A man works on a Titan 10-20 tractor outside International Harvester's Milwaukee Works (factory).

Photograph

Heat Treating Shop

Date: 1956-09-04 

Description: A view looking west of several workers in the Heat Treating Department of the Falk Corporation.

Photograph

Weld Shop

Date: 1975-07 

Description: Male employee, Harold Ladwig, in the Weld Shop. Original Falk caption reads, "A series of pictures taken in Weld shop to illustrate steps in the manufactur...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.