1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Date: 1870 

Description: Baraboo was first settled around 1838, and by 1870 it had become the county seat and the thriving village illustrated here. This birds eye drawing depicts...

Date: 1911-08-06 

Description: A view following the lower trestle to the west bank. The construction camp buildings, including the office and temporary power plant are seen on the left.

Date: 1911-10-12 

Description: High water has scattered timber pilings through the construction camp. The office is on the right; the smoke stacks of the temporary power plant are visib...

Date: 1921 

Description: View from shoreline over the Baraboo River towards a dam, with a mill on the opposite shoreline. A bridge and a business district are in the background.

Date: 1912-05-17 

Description: Workers use shovels to level fresh concrete at the base of the chutes from the high trestle. The steam powered pile driver is at work in the background.

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: City Hall and Library Building, Prairie du Sac, WI.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Alice Kent Trimpey sits painting at an easel in front of a window in the Trimpey home. There is a sofa behind her.

Date: 1939-10-01 

Description: A group poses at the laying of the cornerstone for August Derleth's new house, the Place of Hawks. Attendees include, back row, left to right, E.B. Trimpey...


The Red Tavern

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A deteriorating wooden structure with two gables on the front, identified as the Red Tavern between Kilbourn and Mauston, built in 1848.


Sauk County Fair

Date: 1906 

Description: A double exposure of a landscape featuring a very large tree and farm houses superimposed on an image of buildings and crowds at the Sauk County Fairground...


Main Street

Date: 1921 

Description: View down Main Street. Hotels are on both sides. Designated parking is in the center of the street. A department store and an eating establishment are on t...

Date: 1912-05-31 

Description: Workers maneuver a load of gravel into a concrete mixer at the plant on the east bank of the river. The east abutment is in the foreground, left.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: The land and house were donated to the village. The club house is still in use (1964) as a publicaly owned building for recreation and meetings. Image show...

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Side view of church converted to offices of Dresen Brothers Contractors and Manufacturers. Sign on bulding reads: "Dresen Brothers Twin City Contractors &...



Date: 1936 ca.

Description: An exterior view of Taliesin, the headquarters of the Frank Lloyd Wright organization.


Two Men on a Bench

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Carl Bohnsack (left) and August Marquardt seated on a bench outside a jewelry store.

Date: 1912-05-03 

Description: Workmen on a barge use a pulley to raise sheet steel pilings which were damaged by high water in October, 1911.


Main Street

Date: 1921 

Description: View down Main Street. A millinery, meat market, bakery, hotel and shoe store are on the left. An osteopath, a hardware store, a barber shop, a small resta...


Runway Through Dam

Date: 1912-07-01 

Description: A view through the runway (tunnel) cast into the concrete structure of the power dam at Prairie du Sac.


Power Dam

Date: 1936 after

Description: Elevated view of the power dam on the Wisconsin River at Prairie du Sac.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: