1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1888-08-24 

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mill after a fire on August 24, 1888. Sixteen men were killed by the explosion of a bleacher; the bleacher exploded as the nigh...

Photograph

Riverside Park

Date: 1952 

Description: Riverside Park, as seen from the south side of the Fox River. A section of the Main street bridge can be seen at the left.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Oshkosh Public Museum, formerly the Sawer Foundation and the residence of Edgar Sawyer. The home was built in 1908 and became a museum in 192...

Photograph

NASA Parasev

Date:  date unknown

Description: Astronaut Neil Armstrong (right), the first man to walk on the surface of the Moon, with Tom Poberezny, the son of EAA founder Paul Poberezny and the presi...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A large, two-story wood building with nine over six windows identified as an inn; at the time of the photograph it served as the Butte des Morts Post Offic...

Date: 1936 

Description: Chief Oshkosh's statue and grave. Located in Monominee Park, formerly North Park.

Date: 1879 ca.

Description: The Reliance Flooring Mill. The mill building was physically moved by water by Capt. Sam Neff from Winnconne to Oshkosh, Wis. July 4, 1879.

Photograph

Rideout House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of the residence of W.K. Rideout.

Photograph

Wisconsin Avenue

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph view over Wisconsin Avenue looking northwest.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of Paine Lumber Company from across the Fox River. Was founded in 1853 by Edward L. Paine, located on the east bank of the Fox River.

Date: 1998-08 

Description: The British Concord lands at the EAA Airshow in Oshkosh.

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Otto G. Ansorge sits in his home on Lake Avenue and reads. Ansorge was a jeweler and band director in Winneconne.

Date: 1922 

Description: A view of the statue dedicated to Chief Oshkosh of the Menominee Tribe. Sculpted by Trentanove. Located in Menominee Park, formerly North Park.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking east on the water power. John Strange's Pail and Tub Factory can be seen at the right.

Date: 1888-08-24 

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mill after a fire on August 24, 1888. Sixteen men were killed by the explosion of a bleacher; the bleacher exploded as the nigh...

Date: 1958 ca.

Description: Richard M. Nixon welcomed by Barbara Bird, Honey Queen, and Wisconsin Governor Vernon W. Thomson with cheese package at the Oshkosh Airport.

Photograph

Cedar Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Cedar Street, north side.

Photograph

Osborn House

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: A distant view of the residence of J.H. Osborn. Osborn moved to Oshkosh in 1844 from New York City. He farmed, traded real estate, and was involved in loca...

Date: 1951 ca.

Description: View down a road of the Osborn house and barn. To the right is Osborn Avenue. The photograph is taken from South Park, which was once a part of the Osborn...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View across railroad tracks towards Bersch's Inn, a three-story house with a wrap-around porch, and flat, grassy yard. Trees flank both sides of the Inn. L...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.