1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Date: 1855-05-21 

Description: This plat map shows lots, the Kickapoo River, and the Wisconsin River.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Joseph Rolette House

Reference Number: 3958

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Date: 1864 ca.

Description: Lawler Hall at Campion College. This image was made during the Civil War when the building was used as a U.S. Military hospital. Prior to the war, it was B...

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: This early 19th century manuscript map of Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, shows sections, landownership and acreages, roads, and ferries in the towns of Bridg...

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 ca.

Description: Fort Shelby, built by the Americans during the War of 1812. In 1814 the fort surrendered to British forces led by Captain Andrew W. Bulger who renamed it...

Photograph

Kane's Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Kane's Hotel, built in about 1839 by Ezekiel Tainter, and then called the Phoenix Hotel, on Main Street. It passed through many hands but retained the orig...

Property Record

203 S Wacouta Ave

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Benjamin F. And Wilhelmina S. Fay House

Reference Number: 3936

Property Record

3RD AND BOLVIN STS

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: VILLA LOUIS - summer kitchen (preserve house)

Reference Number: 12634

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The old Indian agent's house.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the second site, with buildings of 1829-?), on the east bank of the Mississippi River, about 2 miles above the mouth of the Wisconsin River.

Property Record

c. 123 W. Blackhawk Ave.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: commercial building

Reference Number: 147544

Photograph

John Muir

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Head and shoulders oval ortrait of John Muir (1838-1914), taken about 1875.

Property Record

717 S BEAUMONT RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Fort Crawford Military Hospital

Reference Number: 3897

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of a gazebo, porch, and benches on the campus of St. Mary Academy. The lawn overlooks the Iowa Bluffs near the Mississippi River.

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Date: 1880 

Description: Artesian Well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). It was dubbed by some to be the "Grea...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Property Record

220 N BEAUMONT

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Crawford County Courthouse

Reference Number: 3896

Date: 1836 

Description: Drawing of Prairie du Chien in 1836. "From an old cut."

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.