1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Benedict Octagon House, built about 1843.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery. Photograph made before restoration by the United States Government. Soldiers' families were also buried in the cemetery.

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, as seen before it was restored by the United States Government.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of the pontoon bridge construction.

Photograph

Beaumont Memorial

Date: 1931-08 

Description: The Beaumont memorial marker on the site of Fort Crawford.

Date: 1918 

Description: Exterior view of show windows of the Prairie du Chien City Library. The cardboard backing reads: "Prairie du Chien, 1918." Reverse of the cardboard mountin...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1954 

Description: A view of the site of the original Fort Crawford (1816-1831).

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: This photocopy map includes cross section of buildings.

Date: 1854-12-05 

Description: This plat map shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, and an old fort. The left margin reads: "Part of the Main Village of Prai...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, after restoration by the United States Government. In the left background is the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium, built on the...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Astor Company or Brisbois fur trading post.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east. Pencil notation on this photo; reads "House marked X is my home and is said to be built from stone from Fort Crawford. -A.C."

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1958 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Brisbois House.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Former residence of the commanding officer. General Zachary Taylor was its first resident. It was subsequently rebuilt under the command of General Brooke....

Date: 1857 

Description: This map shows lots and streets and includes pencil manuscript notations on the front and certification statements on the reverse. The top left margin rea...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

Date: 1910 

Description: Bridge over the Mississippi River, built in 1874 and destroyed in 1910.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.