1 2 3
.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of town with St. Mary's Academy seen in the background.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View of the Burlington Railroad tracks south of the city, near Campion College.

Photograph

View of Town

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Dr. Jesse Rowley driving the buggy. Dr. Rowley was a co-founder of the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Photograph

Warehouse

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of warehouse, which was formerly a five storied grain elevator. This building stood downstream from the Diamond Jo warehouse. The Mississippi Rive...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Photograph

Highway Bridge

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Highway bridge over the Mississippi River, erected in 1931-1932. View looking west toward Iowa.

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Photograph

People's State Bank

Date: 1923 

Description: Exterior view from across street of the People's State Bank decorated to honor the 250th anniversary of the discovery of the Mississippi River.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Villa Louis, also known as Dousman Mansion, in an aerial view.

Photograph

Warehouse

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Exterior of warehouse, said to be the remains of a five story grain elevator.

Photograph

Dousman House Hotel

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Dousman House Hotel, built in 1863 near the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railroad to provide accommodations for its patrons. View looking southeast near...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows streets and lots. The right side of the map includes notes on widths of streets and certifications. The top right reads: "Parish's Additio...

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Photograph

View of Town

Date:  date unknown

Description: 1. Stone Astor Fur Co. building built in 1808. 2. Voth Cottage, built in 1930. 3. Brisbois mansion, built 1808, by Michael Brisbois. 4. Site of Hudson...

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: The offices of the American Fur Company.

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: This map is ink, color, and pencil on paper and shows streets, farm lots, and a church. Hand written notes appear at the bottom of the map and are very li...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.