1 2 3
.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul Railroad pontoon bridge between Marquette, Iowa, and Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Photograph

Highway Bridge

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Highway bridge over the Mississippi River, erected in 1931-1932. View looking west toward Iowa.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Date: 1934-07-28 

Description: This map shows buildings and dimensions of Fort Crawford and hospital overlaid on a plat of existing lots, streets, and closed streets.

Book or Pamphlet

Artesian Stock Farm

Date: 1884 

Description: Bird's-eye view drawing of the grounds of Villa Louis, the estate of the fur trading Dousman family. After the death of H. Louis Dousman's mother in 1882,...

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: This map is ink, color, and pencil on paper and shows streets, farm lots, and a church. Hand written notes appear at the bottom of the map and are very li...

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Aerial view of the Prairie du Chien plant of Oscar Mayer & Co.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Photograph

Commercial Hotel

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Commercial Hotel.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1910 

Description: Bridge over the Mississippi River, built in 1874 and destroyed in 1910.

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Photograph

Cottage Community

Date: 1971 ca.

Description: A cottage and trailer house community along a river. A Schlitz beer advertising is nailed to a tree and reads, "Move up to Quality / Schlitz / The Beer Tha...

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: The offices of the American Fur Company.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois House from across the railroad tracks.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of town with St. Mary's Academy seen in the background.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.