1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1930 

Description: Fort Crawford, a view of the ruins of the hospital building.

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: The offices of the American Fur Company.

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: A view of the offices of the American Fur Company.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Photograph

Black Hawk Tree

Date:  

Description: The Black Hawk Tree growing in the middle of the street. According to legend, Chief Black Hawk hid in the branches of this tree for three days during the B...

Date:  

Description: A man and woman golf on the west lawn of Villa Louis. They are probably members of the Dousman family.

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view from lawn of the stone facade of St. Mary Academy. The arched main entrance is partially visible behind trees on left. A bell tower sits in the midd...

Date: 1962 ca.

Description: The Museum of Medical Progress at the site of Fort Crawford military hospital.

Photograph

Aerial View of Town

Date: 1958 

Description: An aerial view of town.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Schoolhouse at Lawerton(?), built 1859. There is a bell tower on the roof. Several of the windows are boarded up, and the door is either wide open or missi...

Photograph

Kane's Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Kane's Hotel, built in about 1839 by Ezekiel Tainter, and then called the Phoenix Hotel, on Main Street. It passed through many hands but retained the orig...

Date: 1961-09-09 ca.

Description: View of three farm buildings on a hillside.

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Campion Jesuit High School, Lawler Hall, finished in 1955.

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Photograph

Dousman Family

Date:  date unknown

Description: Page from photo album showing Nina S. Dousman and three sisters posed outdoors while hiking in a coulee, north of town. Nina is seated and reading. Three o...

Date: 1905-10 

Description: Elevated view from Reservoir Bluff to the east of the town. The bluffs of Iowa can be seen in the distance.

Photograph

Buggy Ride

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man and two women pose in a four seat buggy. They are wearing suits, dresses and hats. Buildings and a fence appear in the background.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.