1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1948-10 

Description: The Pendarvis and Trelawny homes on Shake Rag Street, originally Cornish miner's cottages.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A drawing of the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration...

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of Henry Plowman, the co-founder of a local newspaper, The Miner's Free Press. The house was erected in 1855-1856 and was reportedly later occupie...

Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...

Photograph

Advert Church

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Advert Church and a home next door. Two children lean on the home's fence.

Date: 1875 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Dodgeville, looking east, with insets of the high school and county courthouse.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A woman demonstrating how Shake Rag Street got its name, with the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, behind her. The house was temporarily co...

Photograph

Village Across Pond

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: A view of the village from a nearby bluff across a pond.

Photograph

Trinity Church

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Trinity Church, which was erected in 1845.

Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...

Photograph

Advent Church

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Advent Church, featuring the church building situated next to a dwelling in the background. A sidewalk and fence are in the foreground...

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Restored lobby and ticket window of Mineral Point Opera House.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert M. Neal and is now used to serve Corn...

Photograph

Rundell Residence

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Exterior of the home of Samuel Rundell with large group assembled in front of the house.

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Trinity Episcopal Church Parish Hall, located near the intersection of High Street and North Iowa Street.

Photograph

Taliesin

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: View of Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's residence and studio after its reconstruction in 1914-1915 and before its partial destruction by fire in 1924. Talie...

Photograph

Aerial View of Town

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: Aerial view of downtown.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A bedroom in the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration...

Photograph

High Street

Date: 1960 after

Description: View of businesses on High Street, including the Rexall Drugstore on the left corner. One can also see a glimpse of the City Hall, directly across the stre...

Photograph

Lower Ward School

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Lower Ward School (also called Second Ward School) built in 1867 and used through 1923. It was torn down in 1931.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.