1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A canoe under construction is weighted down by rocks placed inside the vessel. The canoe is in a frame and an Ojibwa woman stands behind it.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Seifert's watercolor is fairly large, measuring 27" wide by 21" high, and provides a detailed depiction of a nineteenth century Wisconsin farm. The small s...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1937 

Description: An Ojibwa woman binds bark to the frame of a canoe during construction. An Ojibwa man looks on.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Ink and watercolor of prehistoric mounds near the mouth of Haigs Creek and the Scioto River.

Date: 1881 

Description: Watercolor painting of farm and farmhouse, residence of Mr. Daniel Lewis.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of large brick building (cooperative store) with three open arches on the porch area, and arched windows. There is a house near a bluff in th...

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1862-07-28 

Description: The alarm at Humboldt, Tennessee, July 28th, 1862. A watercolor by John Gaddis of the 12th Wisconsin Volunteers Company E.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hand oil painted holiday card on wood. The scene is a seashore with foliage and rocks, two houses in the distance, and a snow-covered mountain in the backg...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Napoleon B. Van Slyke house located at 510 N. Carroll Street. The house was built for Van Slyke by A. Kutzbock about 1868.

Painting

Farm Painting

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Painting of Paul Seifert farm showing rock formations in background and farm buildings nearby.

Painting

Bashford House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Bashford house located at 423 North Pinckney Avenue.

Date: 1856 

Description: " . . . At Grand Chute stood the young settlement of Appleton. Although only a few years old, it already boasted a college, named, as was the village itsel...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Levi B. Vilas house at 521 North Henry Street after the porch and steps were remodeled by Arthur O. Fox, brother of Mrs. William F. Vilas, who purchase...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: Mr. Klaner, who had just come from Elberfeld to Canada in 1858, purchased this farm and worked it with his wife and children. Initially they were plagued b...

Date: 1862-03 

Description: Ossawattamie, Kansas, as it appeared at the time the 12th Wisconsin Volunteer's passed through on their march from Leavenworth to Fort Scott in March of 18...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of Sweet Clover School near the end of the school year in late April or early May. Cows graze in an adjoining pasture and a farmer is complet...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.