1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Date: 1977-06 

Description: A view of the St. Croix River crossing at Hudson during the development of the Interstate Bridge. The old eastbound bridge seen here was built in 1951 whil...

Date: 1942-04-29 

Description: A man using an International truck to haul scrap metal for J.G. Larson & Sons, an International Harvester dealership. The man is dropping the metal off at...

Photographs of Public Libraries in Wisconsin

Learn about how the Wisconsin Free Library Commission helped to establish and improve free public libraries in Wisconsin.

Date: 1975 

Description: The north fork on the Kinnikinnick River.

Date: 1942-04-29 

Description: John De Roy pulling a trailer load of scrap metal with a Farmall-H tractor. The metal was collected as part of a scrap drive.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: This map shows a plat of city, land ownership by name, local streets, roads, and part of Willow River and Lake St. Croix. The map is indexed by additions a...

Photograph

Willow River Falls

Date: 1938-10-07 

Description: Willow River Falls.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Kinnikinnick Falls, the north branch.

Date: 1899-06 

Description: Elevated view of New Richmond after the tornado hit on June 12, 1899. Many people are gathered around the railroad tracks and a few others are seen among t...

Postcard

Main Street

Date:  

Description: View looking south down Main Street.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the St. Croix County Court House with six people standing in front of it.

Date: 1876 

Description: This 1876 map of Saint Croix County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, sections, towns, cities and villages, land ownership and acreages, wagon...

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Kinnikinnick Falls, north branch.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: View over water, perhaps Hatfield Lake, of houses damaged and demolished in a tornado. Floating at the edge of the lake near an eroded bank are numerous pi...

Date: 1942-04 

Description: Sales girls (L to R): Patsie Anderson, Margaret Hatche, and Leone Owens distribute war bonds and stamps to farmers and other townspeople during a W.W. II s...

Photograph

View

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: View of homes in Hika (also known as Centerville).

Photograph

Page House

Date: 1939-01 

Description: Page House, built in 1856 by Father McGee as a rectory for the Catholic Church. The house stands on Second Street, overlooking the St. Croix River.

Date: 1942 

Description: Exterior view of the Fleming Motor Company, an International Harvester dealership. Three men are standing on the right, and a gas pump is in front of the e...

Photograph

Burkhardt Mill

Date: 1918 before

Description: A dam and small mill building on the Willow River. The plant, built by Christian Burkhardt as part of the Burkhardt Milling and Electric Power Company, ope...

Date: 1899 before

Description: View of a marching band parading beneath an decorated arch on Main Street. Onlookers line both sides of the street. American flags fly over the road and fr...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.