1 2
.

Photograph

Odd Fellows Hall

Date: 1838 after

Description: The Odd Fellows Hall, built in 1837-1838, was the first to be built west of the Allegheny Mountains. The cornerstones were laid by Thomas Widley.

Photograph

S.C. Thomas House

Date: 1898 

Description: The home of S.C. Thomas.

Date: 1856 

Description: This map of Woodman's Addition in Mineral Point is pen-and-ink on paper. The map includes certifications signed by John B. Whitelaw (surveyor), Cyrus Wood...

Date: 1884-08 

Description: Sheet 1 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Date: 1889-04 

Description: Sheet 1 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Photograph

The U.S. Hotel

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: The U.S. Hotel was constructed in 1852 by Hugh Phillips to be used for mercentile purposes, but later transformed into the hotel.

Date: 1889-04 

Description: Sheet 2 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Date: 1872 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Mineral Point, looking southeast.

Photograph

High Street

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: High Street in Mineral Point.

Date: 1839 

Description: The deed is for sale of land under jurisdiction of Mineral Point Office in 1839 during the Van Buren administration. Frederick Sprague is from Oakland Coun...

Date: 1836 after

Description: This early to mid-19th century map shows the township and range system, sections, landownership, furnaces, lead mines, copper mines, and roads in the vicin...

Date: 1838 ca.

Description: Pencil sketch of a building owned by the Rodolf family along a commercial street.

Date: 1894-07 

Description: Sheet 5 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Date: 1856 

Description: Wisconsin map illustrating the Mineral Point Railroad and its connections.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the Martin and Toay Store in Mineral Point.

Date: 1884-08 

Description: Sheet 2 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: A primitive Methodist Church surrounded by homes.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: The Gundry, Gray and Company store. The building was erected in 1841 and the dog was added in 1871.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: A book cover for "Mineral Point: A History" by George Fiedler. The cover illustration is of Shake Rag Street, a popular street for Cornish miners.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: Lithograph of a map drawn to indicate a mine on land owned by Mineral Point Mining Co. in the lead region of southwestern Wisconsin.

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.