1 2 3
.

Photograph

Bartlett School

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The Third Ward, East Side, or Barlett School, after additions had been put on in the rear. The Bartlett after whom the school building was named was Willi...

Photograph

Eau Claire House

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Original part built in 1856, where the present Eau Claire House stands. It was later moved to another site and eventually torn down to make room for the Y....

Date: 1880 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Eau Claire.

Date: 1884 

Description: Stereograph of three-story brick building on a dirt road.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View of the the many buildings in Eau Claire's lower east side.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Front entry to the Wesleyan Seminary. It was built in the early 1860's on the site of the present High School building.

Photograph

Eau Claire House

Date: 1865 after

Description: The first Eau Claire House built in 1856. It burned down in 1875.

Photograph

Methodist Church

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Methodist church on Barstow Street, built during the 1860's.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the courthouse before remodeling during the spring or summer.

Date: 1884 

Description: Stereograph view , with the Meggett building on the right hand side, and another building along the left hand side. A church's steeple is visible behind t...

Date: 1870 

Description: Elevated view of the town, looking northwest. The Chippewa River is in the foreground, with a lot of buildings, an intersection, and distant hills. One bui...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View of the courthouse, with bell tower. The building was built about 1870. The roof and lower part have since been changed.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: This map has relief shown by hachures and shows roads, railroads, proposed railroads, creeks, Half Moon Lake, Mount Adin, Mount Tom, Mount Sumeon, and part...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Methodist Episcopal church, located on Lake Street.

Date: 1882-09-01 

Description: View looking up towards the special train of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railroad comprised of 24 freight cars loaded with lumber and other...

Photograph

View of Eau Claire

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Eau Claire.

Photograph

Hotel Dining Room

Date: 1890 

Description: Hotel dining room, probably at the Galloway House.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Ingram and Pinkum sawmill (left), Ingram and Kennedy mill (right), later incorporated as the Empire Lumber Co. In between the mills is a rafting shed. View...

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Front entry way to the "Washington" school, on the northwest corner of Fifth Avenue and Broadway.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Bookshelves and desks within the Eau Claire Public Library Reading Room.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.