1 2 3
.

Photograph

The Lappin Block

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: The Lappin block, Ed. Carpenter, proprietor. Businesses on this block include: Bort, Baily & Co., Dry Goods and Carpets; A.F. Hall & Co., "The Reliable Jew...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Music recital room at the State School for the Blind with seven rows of seating, a piano and cello. Adorning the front wall is the Latin phrase "Lux Oritur...

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: The Kimball and Lowell Hardware Store located on the corner of Franklin and Milwaukee Streets.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Milwaukee Street looking east in Janesville. The Myers House is located at the top of the hill.

Photograph

Little Stone House

Date: 1841 

Description: Photographic print of a sketch of a residential home titled, "Little Stone House."

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the busy streets of Court and Milwaukee. Three prominent buildings in view are: Court Street Methodist Church on the far left (b. 1868), w...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Interior of the State School for the Blind, perhaps a study or room for recreation. Included in the room are several tables with small models, a piano, and...

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Aerial view of a residential part of Janesville.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Several looms in the instructional weaving facility at the State School for the Blind.

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Looking northwest from the Methodist Episcopal Church, Main Street, with trolley track running down the center of the street.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Students and adults of the State School for the Blind pose for a group portrait in front of the building.

Photograph

No. 1 Cotton Mill

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The No. 1 Cotton Mill. Plank sidewalk in foreground.

Drawing

The Rock River

Date: 1868 ca.

Description: The Rock River.

Date: 1877 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Janesville on the Rock River.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of Janesville from the High School building.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind.

Date: 1862 ca.

Description: Ninth plate ferrotype/tintype of William Cowper Noyes as an infant. Son of William B. Noyes and Julia (Page) Noyes of Janesville. William died at the age o...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Exterior of the second Rock County Court House which stood from 1896 to 1955. The Architect was E. Townsend Mix.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Milwaukee Street.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the town with All Souls Church in the bottom right corner.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.