1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Date: 2008 

Description: The Tudor Revival cottage-style station at 137 South Winsted Street and State Highway 23 was constructed in 1926. It features a centered gable above the en...

Date: 1859 

Description: Shows townships and sections, landownership, roads, railroads, rural residences, schools, churches, and topography. Relief shown by hachures. "From gover...

Photograph

Art and Music Room

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Art and Music Room was featured in the House on the Rock original brochure.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of original lighting dimmer board backstage at the Al. Ringling Theatre.

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date: 1965 

Description: James Kirchstein, Wisconsin's Very Live Radio (WVLR) station chief engineer and originator, inside his recording company, Sara Sound Productions, Inc. WVL...

Photograph

Store Interior

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The interior of a small food market with produce, beverages, canned goods and coolers. This appears to be the City Food Mart. There is a decorative pressed...

Date: 1893-09 

Description: Shows townships and sections, landownership and acreages, buildings, and school districts. Includes vignettes of local buildings, business directory, list...

Photograph

Mill House

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Mill House is another component of the compound at House on the Rock.

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Map or Atlas

Map of Sauk County

Date: 1859 

Description: Map featuring various views of buildings and scenes from Sauk County.

Photograph

Warren House Hotel

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Cars are parked along the side of the Warren Hotel, 102 Fourth Avenue at the corner of Oak Street. The hotel is a large two and one half-story stone struct...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Interior of room at House on the Rock. A young man is sitting on a bench near the window.

Photograph

Store Interior

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the interior of Ryan Hickethier & Co., a "Sears Associated Store" 132 Fourth Avenue. Kenmore appliances, Silvertone radios, and floor swee...

Date: 1944 ca.

Description: Five women look at a window display at the Schweke Brothers Store, 129 Third Street, which occupied the 1910 Risley Brothers Building. A man sits in the dr...

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Photographer's jewelry store and clock repair shop with a watch-shaped sign in front. In the window are a clock, jewelry box, and a rack with paper goods,...

Photograph

Business Block

Date: 1911 

Description: View from street of a business block in Ableman. There is a storefront with umbrellas displayed in the show window, and what appears to be a hammock is hun...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.