1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map shows farm lots and private land claims on Prairie du Chien. The bottom left margin reads: "Part of sec. 1, T6 N, R 7W and sec. 36, T 7N, R 7W. S...

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, depot building, and the Milwaukee & Mississippi Rail Road.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Panoramic view of the east lawn at Villa Louis. The house and office building can be seen at right.

Date: 1949-03-28 

Description: Aerial photograph of Prairie du Chien showing the Mississippi River in the upper portion of the picture.

Date: 1855-05-21 

Description: This plat map shows lots, the Kickapoo River, and the Wisconsin River.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of the pile-pontoon railroad bridge across the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien. The bridge was built and patented by John Lawler in 187...

Photograph

St. Mary's College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Our Lady's Tower at St. Mary's College.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Panoramic view of the east lawn at Villa Louis in winter. The house and office building can be seen at right.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Photograph of a painting by Cal Peters depicting the surrender of Black Hawk at Fort Crawford in 1832.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the East Walkway at Villa Louis. The walk is lined with trees and flower beds.

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Brisbois Hotel, later part of Campion College.

Postcard

Campion College

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of Our Lady of the Angels Chapel at Campion College.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View of the Burlington Railroad tracks south of the city, near Campion College.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: The church, originally built in 1839, was remodeled and dedicated on November 8, 1908. The Rt. Rev. James Schwebach gave the blessing. The remodeling was...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1930 

Description: Ruins of Fort Crawford.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Marquette monument at St. Mary's Academy.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: Graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elizabeth. Rolette died in 1842. The cemetery itself may date as early as the middle of the 17th Century.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fishing nets and implements and boats along the shoreline of the Mississippi River, with buildings visible in the background.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the East lawn at Villa Louis dotted with trees and shrubs, with the house in the background. A dog is resting on a path on the right.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.