1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows streets and lots. The right side of the map includes notes on widths of streets and certifications. The top right reads: "Parish's Additio...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Crawford County Court house after remodeling.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Photograph of a painting by Cal Peters depicting the Winnebago attack on the Gagnier homestead in 1827 and the killing of Registre Gagnier. The homestead...

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map shows farm lots and private land claims on Prairie du Chien. The bottom left margin reads: "Part of sec. 1, T6 N, R 7W and sec. 36, T 7N, R 7W. S...

Date: 1907 

Description: View of Praire du Chien Sanitarium.

Photograph

Villa Louis Porch

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: The Dousman family and friends on the east porch of Villa Louis.

Date: 1905-10 

Description: Elevated view from Reservoir Bluff to the east of the town. The bluffs of Iowa can be seen in the distance.

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Date: 1854-12-05 

Description: This plat map shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, and an old fort. The left margin reads: "Part of the Main Village of Prai...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of the pile-pontoon railroad bridge across the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien. The bridge was built and patented by John Lawler in 187...

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of artesian well, apparently not the same one that was located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since rena...

Date: 1911-10-19 

Description: Aviator Hugh Robinson and his Curtiss flying boat on the Mississippi River.

Photograph

D. Scanlon House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: D. Scanlon house on N. Beaumont Street.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Crawford County Courthouse, built in 1875.

Photograph

Minnesota Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: View of Minnesota Street.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of the ruins of Fort Crawford.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois House from across the railroad tracks.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.