1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: A Catholic seminary since 1854, the Salesianum was built by Dr. Salzmann, a Catholic missionary from Munzbach in upper Austria. A two-hour walk from the ci...

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: The magnificent Newhall House, a hotel that dwarfed the neighboring buildings, opened in 1857. H√∂lzlhuber completed this sketch for the Neue illustriert...

Date: 1856 

Description: "Three views in a short space show the peaceful appearance of what is now a busy paper mills center . . . [One of them] is Little Chute, one of the pleasan...

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: Due to rainy weather, H√∂lzlhuber stayed a night in the home of Heinrich Cordes, who had purchased his land from an Irishman and built "a pretty brick house...

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Lansing Hoyt house at 221 Monona Avenue was built in 1873 by Hoyt.

Date: 1972 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a red wing blackbird perching on cattail flowers in a body of water. The Wisco...

Painting

The County Fair

Date:  date unknown

Description: Painting of a county fair, depicting a grandstand, harnass racing, a ferris wheel and merry-go-round typical of the event. The fair gave farmers an opportu...

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: South Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1855 as the second University building. It was used initially for gene...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Townspeople fleeing the Great Peshtigo Fire of 1871.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Levi B. Vilas house at 521 North Henry Street after the porch and steps were remodeled by Arthur O. Fox, brother of Mrs. William F. Vilas, who purchase...

Painting

Livesey House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Livesey house located at 719 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1952 

Description: Watercolor painting of a Wolff-Kubly & Hirsig building (the site of the current Wisconsin Historical Museum) under construction.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Date: 1910 

Description: Painting, in the Wisconsin State Capitol, of "The Signing of the American Constitution", one of four mural paintings by Albert Herter on the west wall of t...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Painting of farm depicting farmhouse, barn, and windmill. Located east of Gotham on Old Lone Rock Road.

Date: 1858 

Description: A depiction of groups of people viewing a panorama of landscapes on red walls in a large room, some seated at round tables. This sketch accompanies an Aust...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A depiction of the Yellowstone Church of rural Lafayette County, just a few miles from the Kammerude farm. The church is built from locally quarried limest...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house located at 2709 Sommers Avenue.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.