1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1913-05-28 

Description: Power dam construction workers pause during a meal in the camp dining room. Oil lamps hang from the ceiling; overhead electric lights are also installed.

Date: 1913-05-28 

Description: Cooks pose in the kitchen at the power dam workers' camp.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Photograph

Catholic Church

Date: 1924 

Description: Exterior of a church.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Date: 2008 

Description: The Tudor Revival cottage-style station at 137 South Winsted Street and State Highway 23 was constructed in 1926. It features a centered gable above the en...

Photograph

Art and Music Room

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Art and Music Room was featured in the House on the Rock original brochure.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of original lighting dimmer board backstage at the Al. Ringling Theatre.

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date: 1965 

Description: James Kirchstein, Wisconsin's Very Live Radio (WVLR) station chief engineer and originator, inside his recording company, Sara Sound Productions, Inc. WVL...

Date: 1913-06-13 

Description: Workmen and machinery at the quarry on Blackhawk Bluff. The gravel was used in construction of the power dam.

Photograph

Store Interior

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The interior of a small food market with produce, beverages, canned goods and coolers. This appears to be the City Food Mart. There is a decorative pressed...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A group of men stand next to the Badger Milk Train, which was part of the Sauk County Milk for Peace program. As the sign behind them notes, this program g...

Photograph

Mill House

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Mill House is another component of the compound at House on the Rock.

Date: 1876-07 ca.

Description: A camping party rests at the top of a bluff at Devil's Lake State Park.

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Date: 1925 

Description: Elevated view over dam and waterfall of a man in a bathing suit walking in the placid and shallow water above the dam. Behind him a boat is tethered along...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Interior of room at House on the Rock. A young man is sitting on a bench near the window.

Date: 1929-06-01 

Description: Bernard Arms (standing), uncle of Lewis Arms, shares a picnic with his neighbors Mr. and Mrs. (Betsy) Nofsinger.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.