1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1872 

Description: Alleged to be the earliest known view of St. Mary's Institute, which later became St. Mary's College. One-half of a stereograph.

Photograph

Brew House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brew house.

Date: 1927 ca.

Description: Military road marker erected in 1927 by Iowa Daughters of the American Revolution at the foot of the old road opposite Prairie du Chien. The road was built...

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery. Photograph made before restoration by the United States Government. Soldiers' families were also buried in the cemetery.

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A front view of Campion College.

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A front view of the Bribois house. It was built from limestone sold by the government after the construction of Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of the ruins of Fort Crawford.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Schoolhouse at Lawerton(?), built 1859. There is a bell tower on the roof. Several of the windows are boarded up, and the door is either wide open or missi...

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, as seen before it was restored by the United States Government.

Photograph

D. Scanlon House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: D. Scanlon house on N. Beaumont Street.

Date: 1900 

Description: Methodist Episcopal Church.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: St. Mary's College and Academy.

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from field of Villa Louis, the residence of Hercules L. Dousman.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east. Pencil notation on this photo; reads "House marked X is my home and is said to be built from stone from Fort Crawford. -A.C."

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.