1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1910 

Description: Bridge over the Mississippi River, built in 1874 and destroyed in 1910.

Photograph

Pile-Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over the Mississippi River.

Photograph

Brew House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brew house.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Looking east down dirt road. Commercial buildings and storefronts line the road.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Date: 1923 

Description: Decorated for the 250th celebration of the discovery of the Mississippi River. The ribbons and banners are all American flag themed. The storefront to the...

Photograph

View of Town

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Dr. Jesse Rowley driving the buggy. Dr. Rowley was a co-founder of the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Campion College.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east. Pencil notation on this photo; reads "House marked X is my home and is said to be built from stone from Fort Crawford. -A.C."

Date:  date unknown

Description: Bird's-eye view from bluff. Far below is Main Street and the Mississippi River. The Bay State House facade can be seen among the buildings lining Main Stre...

Photograph

View on Main Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: Main Street scene. The shops include a harness shop, bank, drug store, and the Bay State House. A woman stands in the open doorway of the drug store, and y...

Date: 1936 

Description: A view of Fort Crawford after restoration.

Date:  

Description: Image of the historical marker for Gays Mills Apple Orchards overlooking the town of Gays Mills, Wisconsin. The marker stands to the left, leaving an eleva...

Date: 1905-10 

Description: Elevated view from Reservoir Bluff to the east of the town. The bluffs of Iowa can be seen in the distance.

Photograph

Seneca Street Scene

Date: 1912 

Description: View down unpaved street with a school building on the left on the opposite side of the street. A board sidewalk leads to a two-story dwelling on the right...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Campion College.

Photograph

Galtier Tomb

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Galtier tomb, burial place of Father Lucien Galtier who was chaplain of the parish from 1847 to 1866.

Photograph

Beaumont Memorial

Date: 1931-08 

Description: The Beaumont memorial marker on the site of Fort Crawford.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.