1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1855-05-21 

Description: This plat map shows lots, the Kickapoo River, and the Wisconsin River.

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Date: 1864 ca.

Description: Lawler Hall at Campion College. This image was made during the Civil War when the building was used as a U.S. Military hospital. Prior to the war, it was B...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of town with St. Mary's Academy seen in the background.

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date: 1922 

Description: View across yard of the public school, a one-story wood frame L-shaped building on a hill. There are groups of students standing on the stairs at the entra...

Photograph

Stock Day

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of the street on Stock Day. Horses and wagons are traveling down the street. The Bridgeport Hotel and the post office are on the right side....

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, after restoration by the United States Government. In the left background is the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium, built on the...

Photograph

Kane's Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Kane's Hotel, built in about 1839 by Ezekiel Tainter, and then called the Phoenix Hotel, on Main Street. It passed through many hands but retained the orig...

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View of the Burlington Railroad tracks south of the city, near Campion College.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital after restoration.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of the Diamond Jo warehouse.

Photograph

Soldiers' Grove

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of Soldiers' Grove with a bridge in the foreground.

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of Campion College, formerly the Sacred Heart College.

Date: 1908 before

Description: St. Gabriel's Church. The parish was organized in 1817, the site of this church was acquired in 1836, and building began in 1839 under Father Cretin; Fathe...

Photograph

College

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: View of St. Mary's Institute in 1872, and a view of St. Mary's College in 1922.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1916 

Description: View up the hilly street with shops on either side. A car is parked at the entrance of the hotel on the right. A young boy sits on the porch under an awnin...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Three-quarter view of the front and side of the Congregational Church at the bottom of a steep, tree-lined hill. A wooden building with narrow arched windo...

Photograph

View of Town

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Dr. Jesse Rowley driving the buggy. Dr. Rowley was a co-founder of the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1911 

Description: View down an unpaved street. A horse and carriage is tied to a post on the left. A saloon and hotel, and the Park Hotel are located on this street on the r...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.