1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1882 

Description: Building housing the very first central electric light station for distribution of incandescent lighting.

Map or Atlas

Map of Lawrence Campus

Date: 1956-04 

Description: Map includes an index for building locations on the Lawrence University campus in the upper right hand corner. Map shows roads, rivers, campus buildings by...

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: Cutaway view of the building that housed the first electrical station created to distribute incandescent light electricity.

Date: 1957 

Description: Map is indexed by street name in the margins. The map shows roads, highways, railroads, parks, city buildings, schools, cemeteries, city limits, and the Fo...

Date: 1942-07 

Description: Circuit Judge Joseph R. McCarthy wearing his Marine uniform a few days before he left for active duty.

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: A man shows off an incandescent lamp switchboard with bamboo filiament, lamp receptacle with wooden base, current and pressure indicators and controlling d...

Photograph

Grignon House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date:  

Description: View of railway bridge over the river, with industrial background.

Photograph

Fox River Canal

Date: 1962-08-04 ca.

Description: A boat travels up the Fox River. In the background are a canal and locks and factory smokestacks.

Date: 1942 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date:  

Description: Stephenson Science Hall at Lawrence College.

Photograph

"Hearthstone"

Date: 1974 

Description: "Hearthstone," a house built in 1880-1882 by paper mill owner Henry J. Rogers, was the first residence electrified from a centrally located hydroelectric p...

Date:  date unknown

Description: This 1907 map of Outagamie County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, railroads, wagon roads, churches, sc...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1908-06-12 

Description: Colorized picture postcard looking down hill of the Fox River through the trees. A bridge is visible spanning the river and piles of lumber can be seen on...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A distant view of two houses and a yard, bordered by a damaged, white picket fence. The house burned down in 1867.

Date:  

Description: Original brass chandelier with art glass shades hangs in "Hearthstone," the home built by paper mill owner, Henry J. Rogers. The residence was the first d...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Fox River Paper Company of Appleton, Wisconsin, with a three-quarter view of the company building and a hanging roll of paper that incorp...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Visitors to the historic Charles A. Grignon House (built 1837-1839), probably during the 1940s. The visitors are seated on a corner of the front porch unde...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.