1 2 3
.

Date: 1911 

Description: View down Center Street. The caption on the image is incorrect. On the left are storefronts, including a millinery and stable. On the right, commercial bui...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Etching of East Lemonweir Lutheran Church. Etching from a centennial souvenir dated July, 1954.

Photograph

Bird's Eye View

Date: 1913 

Description: Elevated view with a church in the foreground surrounded by dwellings.

Photograph

Military Parade

Date:  ca.

Description: Formations of soldiers at Camp Douglas march across a large parade field. A line of trees are in the distance, and a building with a chimney is visible abo...

Photograph

Bird's Eye View

Date: 1913 

Description: A bird's eye view of the central business district. A river winding through the background. A building with a belfry in the foreground.

Photograph

New Brundage Home

Date: 1935 

Description: Brundage family in their new home after resettlement with assistance of United States Resettlement Administration. From left to right: Walter, Marvin (4),...

Date: 1925 

Description: Large wooden mill building. This mill was built in 1872 by Benjamin Boorman on the site of an earlier (1842) mill built by McNeil, Elmore, and McClure. The...

Photograph

Pearl Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of Pearl Street includes a horse-drawn carriage, a bank, other commercial buildings, a man standing on street corner.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of front of Farmers & Merchants Bank. Other businesses in view including a law office and bakery. Three men stand in front of building.

Date: 1913 

Description: A view of the sanitarium with men in rocking chairs on the lawn. A garden hose in the foreground.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Elroy Public Library. The library opened in 1908 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie with $10,000. On the lower right the cardboard back...

Date: 1908 

Description: A street in Lone Rock.

Date: 1911 

Description: Exterior of the Methodist Evangelical Church. A small boy sits on the curb along the cobblestone street outside the building. Next door to the church is Ho...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1911 after

Description: A view down Main Street in Camp Douglas.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of the Wonewoc Mill Company where they manufacture White Swan Flour. Sacks of flour and two men sitting on the loading dock. A woman walking away on...

Photograph

New Brundage Farm

Date: 1935 

Description: View of the farm to which the Brundage family moved with the assistance of The United States Resettlement Administration.

Photographs of Public Libraries in Wisconsin

Learn about how the Wisconsin Free Library Commission helped to establish and improve free public libraries in Wisconsin.

Photograph

Public School

Date: 1925 

Description: The public school, a two-story brick building with tall windows in the front but not on the side. A bell above the entrance. A shed to the left.

Photograph

Street View

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of street including bank and people standing on sidewalks.

Photograph

Mill at Lemonwier

Date: 1925 

Description: A large wooden building with side wing and covered porch, this mill was built in 1853-4 by Newell Dustin. There is a cupola behind the chimney. According t...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.