1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Two farmers in overalls and brimmed hats string barbed wire along a fence next to a field. A dirt road can be seen on the right and a silo and barn are in...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of Appleton High School.

Postcard

Public School

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Postcard view of an exterior view of a school. Students and teachers are gathered in front.

Photograph

"Hearthstone"

Date: 1974 

Description: "Hearthstone," a house built in 1880-1882 by paper mill owner Henry J. Rogers, was the first residence electrified from a centrally located hydroelectric p...

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1945 

Description: Linen-type postcard depicting Outagamie County Court House. This view was issued by the Curt Teich company in 1945, the year in which Joseph R. McCarthy,...

Postcard

Carnegie Library

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Carnegie Library at Lawrence University.

Photograph

Consolidated Paper

Date:  

Description: Smoke billowing from smokestacks at the Consolidated Paper plant. The river appears to be partially frozen, and snow is on the ground. Piles of logs, on th...

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Aerial view of Valley Fair Mall, with a residential area beyond it on both sides of a river, all surrounded by trees and farmland.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: University Hall, Lawrence College.

Postcard

Lawrence College

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Lawrence College campus.

Date: 1907-03-18 

Description: Exterior of the three-story Ormsby Hall residence hall on the Lawrence University campus. View of the front facade and side of the building surrounded by t...

Photograph

Van Niel House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Van Niel home.

Date: 1904 

Description: Interior office view showing Frank James Harwood, General Manager of Appleton Woolen Mills. Harwood became general manager in 1882 and served as the compa...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date:  

Description: A blacksmith in a working apron prepares a horse for shoeing. The bridled and saddled horse stands quietly next to another horse in the blacksmith's shop,...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The Appleton Theatre on Oneida Street.

Date:  

Description: Stephenson Science Hall at Lawrence College.

Date: 1961-09-16 ca.

Description: An interior view of an abandoned Chicago and North Western Railroad roundhouse.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Summertime picture of the country club building.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.