1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1872 

Description: Alleged to be the earliest known view of St. Mary's Institute, which later became St. Mary's College. One-half of a stereograph.

Date: 1836 

Description: Drawing of Prairie du Chien in 1836. "From an old cut."

Drawing

Brisbois House

Date: 1934 ca.

Description: A blueprint of a survey done of the Brisbois house.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date:  date unknown

Description: Group of men and children standing in the middle of the unpaved street. On the left are storefronts, and in the far distance is a church and tree-lined rid...

Photograph

Scenic View

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of shoreline of boats tied along the banks the Mississippi River. A fish net drying rack is near the boats and a wooden walkway. The far shoreline is...

Date: 1926 

Description: View from road of a service station on the left with gas pumps. Next door is a meat market, a restaurant and a bank. A man is standing in front of the serv...

Photograph

House on Hill

Date:  date unknown

Description: The exterior of a two-story house.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down road of horses, wagons and buggies parked in front of buildings. Three men stand near a hotel on the right. A church building is in the backgroun...

Date: 1909 

Description: Photographic postcard view of a stone house with a group of people standing on the porch. Wood and barbed wire fencing is in the front yard.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Bird's-eye view from bluff. Far below is Main Street and the Mississippi River. The Bay State House facade can be seen among the buildings lining Main Stre...

Photograph

Bird's Eye View

Date: 1926 

Description: View from hill looking down at homes and businesses in town. A bridge goes over the Kickapoo River. The depot and railroad tracks and Main Street are behin...

Map or Atlas

Crawford County Map

Date: 1878 

Description: Illustrated map of Crawford County. On the bottom right is an inset of a group of people near a train on a railroad track.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery. Photograph made before restoration by the United States Government. Soldiers' families were also buried in the cemetery.

Date:  date unknown

Description: These 19th-century manuscript maps show the survey of much of Crawford County, Wisconsin. Plats for the towns of Prairie du Chien and Bridgeport and for th...

Photograph

Brew House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brew house.

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Photograph

Ferryville Depot

Date: 1925 

Description: Train stopped at the Ferryville depot. The caption reads, "Limited Going 50 Miles."

Photograph

Downtown Barnum

Date: 2012-07-30 

Description: A view up a street, with a house and truck on the right.

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Date: 1930-08-29 

Description: Two cranes and a car at the bridge construction site. Several workers work on carving out the road at the edge of the river.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.