1 2
.

Photograph

Ladysmith

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of Ladysmith.

Photograph

Bruce Main Street

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: View of Main Street with parked cars.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated photographic postcard view of Main Street. An unused lot is in the left foreground. The rest of the street is lined with dwellings and commercial...

Map or Atlas

Rusk County Map

Date: 1975 

Description: This map shows the locations of historic sites and points of interest in Rusk County, Wisconsin. A location key, descriptions of the historical importance...

Date: 1959-05 

Description: The foundation stones from the hardwood lumber mill constructed by F. Weyerhaeuser in 1885 on the north shore of Bowker Lake.

Photograph

Hotel Maple

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Hotel Maple.

Postcard

Bruce, Wisconsin

Date:  date unknown

Description: Color of Main Street. A Ben Franklin store, bank and Texaco Station are on the left. The right side is lined with bars. Cars are parked along both sides of...

Photograph

Ladysmith

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of Ladysmith.

Date: 1959-04 

Description: The Mississippi River Logging Company's dam built in Soft Maple Creek in 1877.

Date: 1924 

Description: The new school building during construction, next to the old school building, which has a bell tower on the roof. A man works in the yard on the left near...

Date: 1924 

Description: Methodist Evangelical Church located at the corner of the street.

Photograph

St. Mary's Hospital

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: St. Mary's Hospital in Ladysmith.

Postcard

"Soo" Depot

Date: 1909-05-14 

Description: Black and white postcard of the Soo Line railroad depot. Text in red in the upper left corner reads "'SOO' Depot, Bruce, Wis."

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated photographic postcard view of Main Street with horses and carts along the street. Dwellings and commercial buildings are on both sides of the stre...

Photograph

Railroad Grade

Date: 1959-04 

Description: The Mississippi River Logging Company's railroad grade two miles south of Weyerhaeuser over Soft Maple Creek, built about 1875-76.

Date: 1959-05 

Description: The foundation stones from the hardwood lumber mill constructed by F. Weyerhaeuser in 1885 on the north shore of Bowker Lake.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Public Library and Congregational Church in Ladysmith.

Date: 1959-04 

Description: The Mississippi River Logging Company's dam built in Soft Maple Creek in 1877.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1924 

Description: View down a retail street. Cars are parked at an angle along the curbs in front of the shops.

Date: 1959-05 

Description: The foundation stones from the hardwood lumber mill constructed by F. Weyerhaeuser in 1885 on the north shore of Bowker Lake.

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.