1 2
.

Date: 1924 

Description: Methodist Evangelical Church located at the corner of the street.

Photograph

Bruce Main Street

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: View of Main Street with parked cars.

Photograph

Ladysmith

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of Ladysmith.

Date: 1909-05-15 

Description: Photographic postcard of a poster promoting Bruce with seven photographs. The fairgrounds, Main Street, farm scene, Catholic Church, Chippewa River bridge,...

Date: 1959-05 

Description: The foundation stones from the hardwood lumber mill constructed by F. Weyerhaeuser in 1885 on the north shore of Bowker Lake.

Date: 1924 

Description: The new school building during construction, next to the old school building, which has a bell tower on the roof. A man works in the yard on the left near...

Postcard

Buff Creek Farm

Date: 1915-06-19 

Description: Photographic postcard of Buff Creek Farm. The farmhouse is on the left and the barn and outbuildings are on the right. A man and an automobile are near the...

Postcard

"Soo" Depot

Date: 1909-05-14 

Description: Black and white postcard of the Soo Line railroad depot. Text in red in the upper left corner reads "'SOO' Depot, Bruce, Wis."

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1924 

Description: View down a retail street. Cars are parked at an angle along the curbs in front of the shops.

Photograph

Railroad Grade

Date: 1959-04 

Description: The Mississippi River Logging Company's railroad grade two miles south of Weyerhaeuser over Soft Maple Creek, built about 1875-76.

Map or Atlas

Rusk County Map

Date: 1975 

Description: This map shows the locations of historic sites and points of interest in Rusk County, Wisconsin. A location key, descriptions of the historical importance...

Date: 1959-04 

Description: The Mississippi River Logging Company's dam built in Soft Maple Creek in 1877.

Date: 1959-05 

Description: The foundation stones from the hardwood lumber mill constructed by F. Weyerhaeuser in 1885 on the north shore of Bowker Lake.

Date: 1959-05 

Description: The foundation stones from the hardwood lumber mill constructed by F. Weyerhaeuser in 1885 on the north shore of Bowker Lake.

Photograph

Hotel Baker

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Hotel Baker.

Date: 1931 

Description: Exterior of the two-story Rusk County Normal School.

Photograph

Ladysmith

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of Ladysmith.

Photograph

Hotel Maple

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Hotel Maple.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Public Library and Congregational Church in Ladysmith.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Sault Ste. Marie railroad depot in Weyerhaeuser.

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.