1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man rides a bicycle and vehicles are parked along Huron Street. On the left, Hotel Whiting, built in 1868, stands adorned with flags. A building with a...

Photograph

The Old Mill

Date: 1925 

Description: Three-story stone mill built in 1847 by J.C. Sherwood. Many panes of glass in the twelve over twelve windows are broken and the roof over the loading dock...

Map or Atlas

Plat Map of Marquette

Date: 1958-06-28 

Description: Official plat map of Marquette drawn in ink and watercolor.

Photograph

Mitchell's Glen

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of Mitchell's Glen, formerly owned by S.D. Mitchell. A rock structure accompanied by a sign reading, "Hands Off," is in front of a cabin.

Photograph

Residential Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down E. Park Ave. looking east from State St. A row of houses stands to the left.

Photograph

Courthouse and Jail

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the Green Lake County Courthouse and Jail. Two children stand on the steps of the jail, built in 1869. The courthouse, built in 1863, can be seen...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Residences stand on either side of Park Avenue, looking east. Saint Joseph's Church, built in 1853, stands on the right.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of Huron Street, looking west. Horse-drawn carriages are parked on either side of the road, and Hotel Whiting can be seen on the right, built in 1868...

Photograph

Residential Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: Horses and a carriage are driven down E. Park Ave, a dirt road in a residential area. A sign on the telephone pole identifies the intersecting street as C...

Photograph

White House Inn

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Exterior of the White House Inn, a three-story wooden structure with a two-story wing in the rear. A road sign for Highway 23 is in the foreground on the c...

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Thrasher Opera House vestibule and ticket office.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of Broadway West from the bridge. Automobiles are parked on either side of the dirt street in front of storefronts and pedestrians walk along the sid...

Date: 2004-08-04 

Description: Winifred Bundy, secretary of the School of Music at UW-Madison, and her uncle, Bill Morgan. Both recorded for song collector Helene Stratman-Thomas.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of Tuscumbia Country Club, founded in 1896. The building features a pillared side entrance and large windows.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of recreated stencil work on auditorium walls of Thrasher Opera House, featuring bows and flowers.

Date: 1913 

Description: Ink and watercolor on tracing cloth. Shows parts of Green Lake, Princeton, and Brooklyn townships, Indian mound groups, Green Lake, and other significant...

Date: 1876 before

Description: Letterhead of the Berlin Woolen Mills bearing an engraving of the factory, which is unusual because of its French Mansard roof.

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: View of Main Street. The handwriting on the photograph reads, "Main St. West from Park Hotel, Berlin Wis."

Photograph

Rural Housing

Date: 1985-03-20 

Description: Green Lake CTH FF with a barn and a farmhouse in the distance, a mobile home, and an abandoned log cabin. A closer view of the log cabin can be seen in Ima...

Date:  

Description: View of the Fox River. A railroad track on the right bank extends toward buildings of the city.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.