1 2
.

Photograph

State Street

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Elevated view of an unusual automobile parking pattern on State Street in downtown Mauston.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of Mauston.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A street scene in Mauston.

Date: 1957-10-05 

Description: Informal outdoor portrait of John H. Brokopp.

Date: 1949-03-16 

Description: Aerial view of Mauston, Wisconsin.

Date: 1911 

Description: A decommissioned Civil War cannon at Courthouse Park.

Photograph

Orland Loomis

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Quarter-length portrait of Orland Loomis.

Date: 1911 

Description: Exterior of the Methodist Evangelical Church. A small boy sits on the curb along the cobblestone street outside the building. Next door to the church is Ho...

Photograph

Masonic Temple

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of Masonic Temple.

Postcard

State Street

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: State Street in Mauston.

Date: 1949-04-16 

Description: Aerial view of Castle Rock Dam on the Wisconsin River near Mauston, Wisconsin.

Photograph

Island Resort

Date: 1930 

Description: Campgrounds at the Island Resort, located 25 miles west of the Wisconsin Dells.

Date: 1960-09-25 ca.

Description: A cemetery for pets near Highway 58. Each burial plot is marked with a small wooden cross. Additionally, several plots have accompanying makeshift tombston...

Date:  date unknown

Description: This plat map shows numbered blocks and lots, local streets, the La Crosse and Milwaukee Railroad, and part of the Lemonwier [i.e. Lemonweir] River.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down State Street looking west. Star sign shown on building was donated to museum.

Date: 1957 

Description: Skelly service station, restaurant, and motel located along STH 12 in Mauston, Wisconsin.

Date: 1913-09-05 

Description: Wisconsin's first air fatality was P.C. Davis, an exhibition pilot from Chicago, who died as a result of injuries sustained during an aerial performance in...

Date: 1925 

Description: Large wooden mill building. This mill was built in 1872 by Benjamin Boorman on the site of an earlier (1842) mill built by McNeil, Elmore, and McClure. The...

Photograph

Evergreen Resort

Date: 1929 

Description: The entrance way to the Evergreen Resort. The sign advertises rooms, hot and cold water baths, meals, camp sites, and tourist kitchens.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: The Orland Loomis family relaxing at home. Mrs. Loomis holds a book, and leans slightly to look at her husband, who is also holding a book. A daughter sits...

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.