1 2 3 4 5
.

Photographs of Public Libraries in Wisconsin

Learn about how the Wisconsin Free Library Commission helped to establish and improve free public libraries in Wisconsin.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Arabut Ludlow Memorial Library. The library opened in 1905 and was funded with a $13,930 donation from H.E. & W. Ludlow. In the foregr...

Postcard

Ludlow House

Date: 1958-12 

Description: The Ludlow house, home of Arabut Ludlow and his family.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the First Methodist Episcopal Church, built in 1887.

Photograph

Turner Hall

Date: 1960 

Description: Turner Hall, a Swiss social center in Monroe.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A hand-drawn postcard of St. John's Evangelical Church in Monroe.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the West Side Courthouse Square.

Photograph

Monroe Rifle Club

Date: 1958-02-13 

Description: Group portrait of eight members of the Monroe Rifle Club. They took second place at the Southern Wisconsin Rifle League contest. They are holding their rif...

Photograph

Civil War Monument

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The Soldiers and Sailors Civil War Monument on the grounds of the Green County Courthouse. A sculpture of a soldier stands atop the massive base made of Mo...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Public Library and Telephone Company buildings in Monroe.

Date: 1945 

Description: Exterior of the Mordecai Kelly log cabin, built by Mordecai himself in the late 1840's. The article attached to the photograph reads: "The aging tree stand...

Date: 1980-11-06 

Description: Magda Herzberger points to a photographic image projected onto a screen while giving a lecture about the Holocaust at Monroe High School.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: A stereograph view of the Westside Courthouse Square in Monroe.

Photograph

Waldecker House

Date: 1928-05-15 

Description: The Waldecker house, built by Mr. Gruenewalt in about 1853, at the corner of Jackson and Merchant Streets (120 Merchant Street).

Date: 1905 

Description: Interior view of the Arabut Ludlow Memorial Library. The library opened in 1905 and was funded with a $13,930 donation from H.E. & W. Ludlow. This image is...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Methodist Episcopal Church.

Photograph

Bachman House

Date: 1928-05-15 

Description: The Bachman house, built around 1855, on the corner of Merchant and Emerson Streets.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: West side view of the Courthouse Square with Hassinger & Chandler Dry Goods in the foreground.

Date:  

Description: Christ M. Stauffer appearing as Uncle Sam, riding a horse, during the Cheese Day parade.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Green County Court House.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.