1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Mineral Spring Brewery, located on 272 Shakerag Street, erected in 1850.

Photograph

Garden City Brewery

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Garden City Brewery, built in 1854.

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: The dining room in the Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert M. Neal and is n...

Date: 1942 ca.

Description: Robert Neal baking Cornish pasty at Pendarvis.

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: The patio area of a Cornish house.

Photograph

Odd Fellows Hall

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Odd Fellows Hall, built in 1838, was the first to be built west of the Allegheny Mountains. The cornerstones were laid by P.G. Sire Thomas Widley, foun...

Photograph

Zinc Works

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The zinc works.

Date: 1936 

Description: Bedroom in Pendarvis House. Furniture includes a 4-poster bed, two chairs, a chest, a dresser, and a wash basin and ewer on a stand.

Photograph

Trelawny Patio

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: The patio and backyard area at the Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert M. N...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A watertower in Mineral Point.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of a brewery. Men pose in front of the building near a horse-drawn vehicle.

Photograph

Polperro Kitchen

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: The stove and oven in the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after re...

Photograph

Shakerag Street

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Cornish homes on Shakerag Street in Mineral Point.

Date:  

Description: Portrait of Richard Thomas, son of Sampson Thomas, born in Falmouth, England, in 1817, died in Mineral Point, Wisconsin, in 1886. With James Carbis, he bui...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: The living area in the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after resto...

Photograph

Zinc Works

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The zinc works.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Gundry, Gray and Company Furniture Store with a sculpure of a dog mounted on the store sign.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of original chairs in Mineral Point Opera House's balcony including hat racks.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The living room with a fireplace in the Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Knights of Pythias Castle Hall, formerly the Presbyterian Church, dedicated in 1844. The small building to the right of the church was built and occupi...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.