1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Laurie residence, home of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Laurie, occupied by them since 1870.

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: A boy dressed in knickers clears the ice in preparation to fish next to his family's ice shanty.

Date: 1908-03-05 after

Description: The Sturgeon Bay High School after the fire the destroyed the building on March 5, 1908.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: An unidentified man poses near a wrecked boat. A log house with two lean-to additions is behind him and there is a smaller log building on the left. Snow c...

Date: 1912 

Description: The Cana Island lighthouse and keeper's house with the rocky shore in the foreground.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Three men work with an iceboat on Lake Michigan. The sail and boom lie on the ice.

Photograph

Cherry Camp

Date: 1919-05-27 

Description: Looking southeast from behind the camp house, right, and log cabin, left, at the Gibraltar Orchard cherry camp. All the windows on the cottage are boarded...

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Sturgeon Bay Public Library. Library opened in 1913 with a gift of $12,500 from Andrew Carnegie. Reverse of cardboard backing reads: "...

Date: 1912 

Description: Cana Island lighthouse is seen in the far distance across the stony shoreline along Lake Michigan.

Photograph

Ferryboat Landing

Date: 1929 ca.

Description: Ferryboat landing, with the boats providing service between Gills Rock and Washington Island.

Photograph

Thordarson Estate

Date:  date unknown

Description: Hand-colored view of the Thordarson estate including the boathouse and a stone-paved path with benches.

Photograph

Farm Scene

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Cows stand in shallow water in a rolling pasture in what is now Peninsula State Park. There is an old log building in the background.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: An unidentified child sits on the rocky shore at Weborg Point. Big Strawberry Island is seen center right, with Chambers Island on the horizon to the left.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: This map of Dodge County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, railroads, roads, property owners and acreage...

Photograph

Log Cabin

Date: 1914 

Description: Log cabin known as the "haunted house" on Rock Island, remodeled by Chester Thordarson. There are three people sitting on the porch.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Sturgeon Bay Public Library. Library opened in 1913 with a gift of $12,500 from Andrew Carnegie. In the room are reading tables, books...

Date:  

Description: U.S. Lighthouse with people standing next to it.

Date: 1908-03-05 

Description: A photograph with the top half showing the intact Sturgeon Bay High School and the bottom half showing the Sturgeon Bay High School on fire.

Photograph

Fisherman's Wharf

Date:  date unknown

Description: Boats and buildings on a fisherman's wharf.

Date:  

Description: Two men pose playing a game of chess in front of a cloth backdrop in Dankoler's photography studio. The man on the right is standing and is holding what ap...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.