1 2 3 4
.

Photograph

Opera House

Date: 1962 ca.

Description: Hayton Opera House and the connecting building which is now the Hayton Bar.

Date: 1835 ca.

Description: View of the Stockbridge Indian Mission, built in about 1834.

Date: 1835 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Stockbridge Indian mission.

Photograph

Kraus House

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: Kraus House, lodging operated by Hubert Kraus, and once used as a Civil War drill house. The building was razed in 1936 according to some local residents....

Photograph

Cemetery Visit

Date: 1958 

Description: Local historian William F. Wolf visiting the Native American cemetery. In the background is a barn and a silo and other farm buildings.

Photograph

Miss Scott

Date:  date unknown

Description: Carte-de-visite portrait of Miriam Scott of Stockbridge, Wisconsin, a sister of E.W. Scott.

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the First Congregational Church.

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: Intersection in downtown Chilton.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Advertisement for the Lauson 15-25 kerosene tractor with "21 jewel movement" Hyatt & Timken roller bearings. The advertisement features an illustration of...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Chilton Branch of the Falk Jung & Borchert Brewing Company, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It includes, on the left, an elevated...

Date: 1943 

Description: Map shows the town of St. Catherine, Wisconsin, between Lake Street and Doty Street as it appeared on January 3, 1852. Map is situated facing north with La...

Photograph

Mission House

Date: 1933 

Description: Exterior view of a Mission House built in about 1740.

Photograph

Chief Red Bird

Date: 1963 

Description: Statue of Winnebago Indian Chief Red Bird with Lake Winnebago in the background.

Date: 1921-06 

Description: Swarm of bees on a fencepost and barbed wire. A hive sits directly underneath the swarm. Frank Buhl is the owner of this photograph.

Photograph

Aluminum Warehouse

Date: 1981-05 

Description: Aluminum Specialty Company warehouse, East Main street at railroad tracks.

Photograph

St. Mary's School

Date: 1906 

Description: View of St. Mary's School.

Date: 1920 

Description: Elevated-view illustration of the John Lauson Manufacturing Company factory. The company made Lauson tractors and Lauson Frost King gasoline engines.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Group of students and a teacher posed outside a school building. One boy holds a chalkboard sign reading "Brothertown Dist. No. 2."

Photograph

Stephen Nicholas

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Quarter-length portrait of Stephen Nicholas (1840-1901) of Chilton, Wisconsin. Stephen was a member of the Narragansett tribe. He served with Co. D, 1st...

Date: 1925 

Description: Advertisement for Lauson gasoline and kerosene engines and tractors with a slogan reading "Built Up to a Standard - Not Down to a Price." The advertisement...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.